For more than 30 years, COMTO’s Industry Awards have recognized individuals, organizations, and COMTO Chapters who have made outstanding contributions to the transportation industry. Industry Awards honorees come from all sectors and modes of the industry.
Due to COVID-19, we did not host a 2020 COMTO Industry Awards ceremony to honor activities completed in 2019. However, in 2021 we will honor the 2020 COMTO Industry Award winners as well as proceed with the 2021 COMTO Industry Awards program.
What does this mean for you? We are hosting two awards ceremonies this year as we take time to honor 2020 and 2021 winners—one in the Spring of 2021 for 2020 award winners and one in the Fall of 2021 for 2021 award winners. If you missed the chance to submit nominations for the 2020 awards, you have another chance to submit nominations for the 2021 awards for activities completed in 2020, the year of COVID-19. Please remember, the awards are for activities completed in previous year. e.g. The 2020 awards honor work and activities from 2019. The 2021 awards honor work and activities from 2020.
A timeline of activities is below.
2021 Industry Awards Timeline
*Dates are subject to change
2021 Industry Awards Nominations Open: Monday, April 5, 2021
For activities completed in 2020, the year of COVID-19. See requirements and instructions below for more detail.
2020 Industry Awards: Friday, May 14, 2021 (Virtual Ceremony to honor activities completed in 2019.)
2021 Industry Awards Nominations Close: Friday, May 21, 2021
2021 Industry Awards: Fall 2021
Nomination Requirements for 2021 Industry Awards
- Industry Awards nominations must be submitted online for activities between January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
- All nominations must include a one-page letter of endorsement written by a sitting COMTO Chapter President or a National Board of Directors member.
- All Chapter Award nominations must include a completed Chapter Profile form.
Nomination Instructions for 2021 Industry Awards
- Any COMTO member in good standing may nominate an individual or chapter for an Industry Award.
- Nominations are for activities that have or will take place between January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
- Endorsement letters must be written by a member of the National Board of Directors or sitting / current Chapter Presidents to be considered.