- This event has passed.
TRB Webinar: What role does ecology have in sustainable transportation?
April 30 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
For transportation to be sustainable, it is critical that the entities responsible for developing sustainable transportation all understand it to mean the same thing, understand how to do implement it, and understand how to measure whether their implementations were effective. TRB is hosting a webinar on Thursday, April 30, from 1:00 to 2:30 PM Eastern that will cover important steps in defining and setting goals, identifying methods that work, and monitoring continuing impacts in ecologically-sustainable transportation.
This webinar was organized by the TRB Standing Committee on Ecology and Transportation.
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
- Fraser Shilling, Road Ecology Center
- Susan Handy, National Center for Sustainable Transportation
- Kimberly Andrews, University of Georgia
Moderated by: Daniel Smith, University of Central Florida
- Define sustainable transportation and the role that the human and natural environments play in developing sustainable transportation systems
- Interaction between aquatic and shoreline ecosystems and transportation infrastructure, from a regulatory and sea level rise point of view
- Framework for considering and measuring ecologically-sustainable transportation
The first 90 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define “sustainable transportation” and use that definition in action
- Identify different ways that ecology and ecosystems are impacted and influenced by transportation systems
- Identify potential resolutions/mitigations for ecological impacts
- Consider ways to develop ecologically-sustainable transportation
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For approved webinars, TRB’s webinar program awards Registered Continuing Education Provider (RCEP) Professional Development Hour (PDH) credits associated with participation only to the registered individual and not to other members of a group that view the webinar together. To receive PDH credits, please register as an individual and sign into the webinar from your personal computer. After doing this, you may join your group in a meeting room. To be eligible for the credits, individuals must remain signed in for the entire webinar, including for any question and answer session following the presentations.
Registration is available until just before the webinar starts. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to submit your registration. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in October 2019. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum.