- This event has passed.
TRB Webinar: The intersection between health and transportation
April 27 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Is your community fully invested in improving public health in regards to infrastructure, services, and access to jobs? TRB is hosting a webinar on Monday, April 27 from 1:00 to 2:30 PM Eastern that will explore how transportation networks impact public health. The presenters will discuss how the federal government and state departments of transportation are researching and considering the health impacts of transportation investments. They will also address planning decisions, including how programming analyses and design considerations can encompass more than air emissions, noise, and water quality. This webinar will identify how improving transportation needs of a community can increase safety, enhance accessibility, and advance health outcomes.
This webinar is organized by the Standing Committee on Transportation and Air Quality.
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
- Victoria Martinez, U.S. Federal Highway Administration
- Beverly Bowen, ICF
- Ana Ramirez, Texas Department of Transportation
Moderated by: Jackie Ploch, Texas Department of Transportation
- Analysis of multiple transportation and health research efforts underway
- Overview of the FHWA’s Framework for Better Integrating Health into Transportation Corridor Planning
- Case study: Using the Framework in an ongoing corridor study
- Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, you will able to:
- Summarize various transportation health issues and impacts
- Identify common methods used to increase community engagement, improve partnerships and institutionalize health considerations in transportation planning and programming
- Describe programs and tools that can be used to understand role transportation has on offering healthier outcomes
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For approved webinars, TRB’s webinar program awards Registered Continuing Education Provider (RCEP) Professional Development Hour (PDH) credits associated with participation only to the registered individual and not to other members of a group that view the webinar together. To receive PDH credits, please register as an individual and sign into the webinar from your personal computer. After doing this, you may join your group in a meeting room. To be eligible for the credits, individuals must remain signed in for the entire webinar, including for any question and answer session following the presentations.
Registration is available until just before the webinar starts. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to submit your registration. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in October 2019. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005.
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar is approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 2 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
Please visit the Certification Maintenance section of APA’s website, Certification Maintenance webpage to claim your credits. You may use the following steps:
- Log in using your ID# and password.
- Select View my CM log.
- Select Add CM-Registered Credits.
- Using the CM Search option, type in the name of the event or event number (e.g. 21064) and click “Go.” Please note: If searching for an event by Provider, use the search option, type in the name of the provider and click “Go”. From the results below, select by clicking on the name of the provider.
- From the results below, find your event and select “Add to My Log.” If this is a multi-part event, you will have the option to select from a list of activity sessions.
- Please rate the event, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and check the box to confirm. Note: you should see a message indicating the CM reporting period year that you are logging.
- Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log.
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum.