- This event has passed.
TRB Webinar: How Women Fare in the Transit Industry
September 2 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
What are transit agencies doing to attract, retain, and advance women in the industry? TRB is hosting a webinar on Wednesday, September 2, 2020, from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern that will identify the barriers and solutions to including more women in the transit industry. Presenters will discuss strategies to support women in transit and will share examples of transit agencies that have effectively implemented programs to do so.
This webinar draws on research from TCRP Synthesis 147: Attracting, Retaining, and Advancing Women in Transit.
This webinar is sponsored by the Transit Cooperative Research Program. There is no fee to attend this webinar; however, sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Current state of women in the transit industry: Allison Alexander, ICF
- Case examples of effective strategies: Jessica Jenkins, ICF
- Where can transit go from here?: Chelsey Jackson, ICF
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Allison Alexander, ICF
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, you will able to:
- Identify barriers that exist for women in transit careers
- Discuss strategies for supporting women in transit agencies
For more information about attracting, retaining, and advancing women in the transportation industry, you can read the TRB Blog.
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar is approved by the?American Institute of Certified Planners?for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits.?TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
Please visit the Certification Maintenance section of APA’s website, Certification Maintenance webpage to claim your credits. You may use the following steps:
- Log in using your ID# and password.
- Select View my CM log.
- Select Add CM-Registered Credits.
- Using the CM Search option, type in the name of the event or event number (e.g. 21064) and click “Go.” Please note: If searching for an event by Provider, use the search option, type in the name of the provider and click “Go”. From the results below, select by clicking on the name of the provider.
- From the results below, find your event and select “Add to My Log.” If this is a multi-part event, you will have the option to select from a list of activity sessions.
- Please rate the event, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and check the box to confirm. Note: you should see a message indicating the CM reporting period year that you are logging.
- Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log.
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact the APA.
Pre-registration is required. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to register. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum.