- This event has passed.
TRB Webinar: Exploring equity implications of emerging transportation technologies
March 19 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Measuring equity holistically can be approached in several ways in the field of transportation. TRB is hosting a webinar on Thursday, March 19, from 2:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern that will explore how agencies can define and address disparity as they relate to emerging technologies and new transportation modes. The presenters will share tools, methods, and approaches that can scale to statewide and regional planning. They will also cover topics related to changing demographics of transportation users, economic disparity and opportunity, pricing and affordability, different modal users, access to new technologies, and environmental justice.
This webinar was organized by the TRB Standing Committee on Statewide Multimodal Transportation Planning.
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
- Sunny Farmahan, Arkansas Department of Transportation
- Giovanni Circella, University of California, Davis
- Stefanie Brodie, Toole Design Group
Moderated by: Elise Barrella, Wake Forest University
- Advancing transportation equity through Smart City technologies and policies
- Understanding automated vehicle adoption potential as a means for equitable transportation
- Studying geographical patterns of growth in vulnerable population using publicly available data using spatial statistics
- A case study of dockless mobility
- Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe potential equity implications of emerging transportation technologies and modes
- Identify equity measures and/or analysis methods that could inform transportation planning and programming decisions
Professional Development Hour Information
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For approved webinars, TRB’s webinar program awards Registered Continuing Education Provider (RCEP) Professional Development Hour (PDH) credits associated with participation only to the registered individual and not to other members of a group that view the webinar together. To receive PDH credits, please register as an individual and sign into the webinar from your personal computer. After doing this, you may join your group in a meeting room. To be eligible for the credits, individuals must remain signed in for the entire webinar, including for any question and answer session following the presentations.
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar is approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
Please visit the Certification Maintenance section of APA’s website, Certification Maintenance webpage to claim your credits. You may use the following steps:
- Log in using your ID# and password.
- Select View my CM log.
- Select Add CM-Registered Credits.
- Using the CM Search option, type in the name of the event or event number (e.g. 21064) and click “Go.”
Please note: If searching for an event by Provider, use the search option, type in the name of the provider and click “Go”. From the results below, select by clicking on the name of the provider.
- From the results below, find your event and select “Add to My Log.” If this is a multi-part event, you will have the option to select from a list of activity sessions.
- Please rate the event, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and check the box to confirm. Note: you should see a message indicating the CM reporting period year that you are logging.
- Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log.
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org.
Registration is available until just before the webinar starts. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to submit your registration. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in October 2019. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20005.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum.