- This event has passed.
TRB Webinar: Designing landscapes to enhance roadside water management
May 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
How do transportation agencies apply principles of green infrastructure (GI) to roadside water management? TRB is hosting a webinar on Monday, May 18, 2020 from 2:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern that aims to answer this question. Presenters will identify how GI may be used to mitigate impacts of flooding, drought, and temperature extremes that affect infrastructure.
This webinar draws on research from the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Domestic Scan Program 16-02: Leading Landscape Design Practices For Cost-Effective Roadside Water Management
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Information development and sharing: Kiona Leah, Maryland State Highway Administration
- Researching functionality of linear Best Management Practice facilities: Doug Navetski, King County, Washington State
- Standardized definition of green infrastructure: Kiona Leah, Maryland State Highway Administration
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Brian Smith, U.S. Federal Highway Administration
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, you will able to:
- Describe GI training and education outreach in order for GI techniques and implementation to be successful
- Identify potential standardization of GI definition, permanent management practices, and infiltration test methods
Professional Development Hour Information
Professional engineers (PEs) who register and attend the entire webinar as an individual will be awarded 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs). TRB’s webinar program awards PDH credits only to the registered individual, and not to other members of a group that view the webinar together. To be eligible for the credits, individuals must remain signed in for the entire webinar, including for any question and answer session following the presentations.
Pre-registration is required. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to register. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
TRB will report credits earned to the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum.