- This event has passed.
TRB Webinar: Data Sharing Tips for Public Transportation Agencies
May 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Data is becoming an increasingly valuable commodity for public transportation agencies. TRB is hosting a webinar on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM Eastern that will discuss how public transportation agencies can benefit from data sharing. The presenters will document models for sharing public transportation agency data and discuss how to develop a data management program that enables effective data sharing. The presenters will also describe how transit agencies can access external data sources. They will discuss how to evaluate risks, benefits, and costs in make data sharing decisions. The webinar will also identify the main factors that may impact transit agency data sharing in the future.
This webinar draws on research from TCRP Research Report 213: Data Sharing Guidance for Public Transit Agencies – Now and in the Future.
This webinar is sponsored by the Transit Cooperative Research Program. There is no fee to attend this webinar; however, sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Why share data? How do you share public transportation agency data?: Cecilia Viggiano, EBP
- How can transit agencies access external data?: Shan Jiang, Tufts University
- What lessons can transit agencies learn from other industries?: Melissa Chan, Kendril, LLC
- What can we expect in the future?: Cecilia Viggiano, EBP
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Glen Weisbrod, EBP
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, you will able to:
- Identify the major benefits to transit agencies of sharing data
- Discuss models for transit data sharing and for transit agency access to external data
- Describe the major challenges and the factors affecting data sharing that are expected to evolve in the future
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar is approved by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
Please visit the Certification Maintenance section of APA’s website, Certification Maintenance webpage to claim your credits. You may use the following steps:
- Log in using your ID# and password.
- Select View my CM log.
- Select Add CM-Registered Credits.
- Using the CM Search option, type in the name of the event or event number (e.g. 21064) and click “Go.” Please note: If searching for an event by Provider, use the search option, type in the name of the provider and click “Go”. From the results below, select by clicking on the name of the provider.
- From the results below, find your event and select “Add to My Log.” If this is a multi-part event, you will have the option to select from a list of activity sessions.
- Please rate the event, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and check the box to confirm. Note: you should see a message indicating the CM reporting period year that you are logging.
- Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log.
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact the APA.
Pre-registration is required. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to register. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum.