COMTO Maryland Launches 2021 Mentorship and Speaker Series
April 15 @ 6:00 pm - November 30 @ 7:00 pm
COMTO Maryland’s Emerging Leaders Committee has an exciting mentorship and speaker series lined up to connect local college juniors and seniors with new and mid-career transportation professionals. We will discuss a series of topics on workplace success and career longevity.
We are looking for college juniors and seniors and professionals to serve as mentors who are at the beginning of their careers with 0-5 years of experience and mid-career with 10-15 years of experience.
Program Schedule: 7 months total (14 total meetings, 7 speakers)
Program Structure: Each month the program participants will meet two Thursdays of the month from 6-7pm. The first meeting of the month will be in small groups of 3 participants (1 college student, 1 young professional, and 1 mid-career professional) to discuss monthly mentor topics in an informal group mentoring setting. The second meeting of the month will be a larger group meeting where a leading transportation speaker will be providing insight on their transportation journey, and the monthly topic, and will be available to answer participant questions. While we are still facing a global pandemic, all meetings will be virtual until further notice.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
April: Program Kick-off (Sharing your story)
- April 15: Group Introductions
- April 29: Speaker #1- Enyinna Anthony
May: What’s Next for Me? Creating My Best Career
- May 13: Small Group Meeting (Mentors/Mentees meeting)
- May 27: Speaker #2 – Semia Hackett
June: Goals Give our Lives and Careers Meaning
- June 10: Small Group Meeting (Mentors/Mentees meeting)
- June 24: Speaker #3- Oluseyi Olugbenle
July: High Impact Procrastination
- July 15: Large Group Meeting- sharing what we have learned thus far
- July 29: Speaker #4 – Kenya Lucas
August: Can I Be Successful at Work and Have a Family?
- August 12: Small Group Meeting (Mentors/Mentees meeting)
- August 26: Speaker #5 – Tim Smith
September: The Importance of Professional Networks
- September 9: Small Group Meeting (Mentors/Mentees meeting)
- September 23: Speaker #6 – Odessa Phillip
October: Program Takeaways
- October 14: Large Group Meeting- sharing what we have learned thus far
- October 28: Speaker #7 – Traceé Strum-Gilliam
November: Program Graduation