- This event has passed.
COMTO HUB-Sub Committee Webinar: Successful Business Development and Writing Winning Proposals
December 2 @ 12:00 pm
Being effective at business development requires a healthy mix of confidence, skill and mindset. However, all your efforts could prove to be fruitless if you cannot produce a winning proposal. This webinar will focus on the thinking, process and discipline required for successful Business Development and how to turn those efforts into revenue by preparing a winning proposal.
What You Will Learn:
- The necessary tools to become a good Business Development Professional including the thinking, behavior and skills required for proactive client engagement and revenue generation.
- How to gather the intelligence necessary to identify and qualify profitable opportunities before investing time and money in low probability of win opportunities.
- How to succeed at every stage of the business development cycle, from customer outreach and development to formalizing strategic partnerships.
- The difference between Strategic and Organic Business Development.
- The difference between goal and purpose-driven business development.
- The significance and interaction of the Intel Funnel and the Opportunity Pipeline.
- The basis of a common Business Development language and culture among your organization’s Business Development, Capture, Proposal and Operations teams.
- How to read and dissect an RFP document.
- How to prepare, structure and submit a winning proposal tailored to the customer’s needs by summarizing the issues the customer faces.
Frank Otero, President & CEO of PACO Group, Inc.
Frank established PACO Group in 1989 and since then has brought to the company diverse experience in the Program/Construction Management of rail, mass transit, bridges, tunnels, airports, highways, ports, hospitals and higher education facilities. As President and Chief Executive Officer, Frank is responsible for corporate quality assurance, overall client satisfaction, marketing, new business development and financial management of the firm. He also provides the corporate leadership and vision for strategic growth of the business. Frank plays a lead role in numerous professional organizations including the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), where he represents the Business Member Board of Governors; the Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) as a National Board Member and the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) where he spearheads the Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) committee for the New York Chapter.
Michael Tolliver, Senior Vice President, PACO Group, Inc.
Michael is Senior Vice President with PACO Group responsible for the creation and deployment of the firm’s strategic growth initiatives. A 25-year veteran in the industry, he is responsible for the lead opportunity management, market intelligence, business systems intelligence and proposal management as well as corporate branding, development and maintenance of marketing collateral. Michael is a long-term member of the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) as well as the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) where he currently serves on the Executive Board of Directors for the Metro New York/New Jersey Chapter. Throughout his career Michael has been an advocate for equal opportunity at local, state and federal levels, addressing issues that adversely affect women, minorities and small businesses in the architecture, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry.